Tap the Today tab and read about influential developers and game creators, learn a few tips and tricks, or see how apps are changing how people work, play and live. A search bar at the top of the App Library gives you quick access to search all of the installed apps. Then, pick “Remove From Home Screen.” Rather than deleting the app from your device, this simply takes it off of your Home Screen. Tap inside the search box or swipe down on the screen with your finger. This lets you tap to jump to a particular letter to find your app.
- In iOS 15, if you don’t want downloaded apps to appear on your Home Screen, you can switch on an option in Settings to ensure they only appear in the App Library.
- Apple sends a receipt each time you use our in‑app purchase feature, and you can also view those purchases and subscriptions in your account.
- Just like the App Library introduced to iPhone with iOS 14, this is a central location for all of your apps.
To completely delete an app from the App Library and your iPhone, tap and hold it in the App Library and choose to Delete App from the popup menu. You should see three large app icons with four smaller icons in the last space. That means you can glance at a total of seven apps inside each folder, but there could be more.
How Do I Change the App Library Folders?
Luke knows he spends more time on Twitter than he probably should, so feel free to follow him or give him a shout on social media @LukeFilipowicz. If you don’t want to dig through categories, you can always search in the App Library. While technically, all of your apps are in the App Library already, if you want an app to only appear in the Library rather than your Home Screen, here’s how you do that. With iOS 14 and later, there are new ways to find and organise the apps on your iPhone.
- Here’s how to use the App Library to better organize your iPhone.
- This lets you tap to jump to a particular letter to find your app.
- System-level protections prevent an app from accessing data from other apps without your explicit permission.
- We ensure that apps come from known sources, are free of known malware, and haven’t been tampered with at the time of installation or launch.
- Next, we’ll explain both how to move apps from the App Library back to a Home Screen, and how to delete apps from the App Library and the rest of your iPhone completely.
With this simple tweak, you can have all of your new apps go straight to the App Library without going to your Home Screen, too. On the right side, under Newly Downloaded Apps, tap either “Add to Home Screen” or “App Library Only.” For non-iPhone users who own an iPad, the App Library introduced with iPadOS 15 might be brand new. Here’s everything you need to know about the App Library on iPad.
Start a discussion in Apple Support Communities
If you have more than four apps in that folder to fill the grid, the remaining ones fall into this group. All you can do is learn where your iPhone chooses to save apps. Understandably, a lot of users find this more hassle than it’s worth. If you feel the same, we suggest creating your own set of folders on a spare Home Screen, which you can configure however you like. Keep swiping from right to left past your last Home Screen to open the App Library. Your iPhone automatically groups apps into different folders based on their category.
- Then tap the three dots at the bottom of the screen to view all your Home Screens and disable any that you don’t want.
- In addition to its effective organization of your apps, a huge benefit of the App Library is that it allows you to minimize the number of apps that you keep on your Home Screen.
- The App Library is an all-new way in iOS 14 to store your apps without needing them to appear on the Home Screen.
App Store purchases are safe and simple, so you can start playing, gaming, reading — or just doing — straightaway. Create a secure account with your preferred payment method on file and it’s easily accessible across your devices and the web. Your account is protected by two‑factor authentication, ensuring that the only person who can access your account is you — even if someone else knows your password. And more than 250,000 apps tap into the advanced technologies of Touch ID and Face ID built into your devices, giving you an additional layer of security. When you tap one of the larger app icons, your iPhone automatically opens that app instead of opening the folder.
How to open apps from categories in App Library
This makes it quicker to launch the apps you use most frequently. The apps that you use most frequently appear as large icons that you can tap to open the app directly. To see all the apps in each category, tap the group of smaller app icons. You can also tap the App Library search field to see an alphabetized list of all your apps.
They will always be available in the <--more-->, but you can add them to your Home Screen as well. What’s cool about iPadOS is that the App Library is on your iPad Dock, meaning you don’t have to search for it as you do on iOS. Instead, you can open it by tapping on the App Library icon in the right-hand corner of your Dock. In combination with the App Library and Home Screen widgets, you can customize a Home page and hide it until you want to use it. For example, you can customize a Home Screen page with only apps you use for work and then hide it in the evenings and on weekends, so you’re not distracted by work while relaxing.
Organise the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone
The App Library is a new page on your iPhone’s Home Screen that holds each and every app on your device. It’s a great way to automatically keep your apps organized and it even lets you remove apps from your Home Screen that you don’t use very often. Apple products use industry-leading technology to bring apps to life — so you can experience more of the amazing things your devices are capable of. Apps must follow an approved business model and clearly show you the price, tell you what you get with your purchase and explain subscription-renewal terms up front. Apple sends a receipt each time you use our in‑app purchase feature, and you can also view those purchases and subscriptions in your account. For over a decade, the App Store has proved to be a safe and trusted place to discover and download apps.
- Once you arrive in the App Library, you’ll see the aforementioned folders.
- To do this, tap and hold on the relevant app in the App Library until a popup menu appears, then choose to Add to Home Screen.
- Then you can use the App Library to quickly find apps hidden on different pages.
- The good news is the App Library functionality in PadOS 15 is identical to the iPhone, meaning all the steps listed above.
The main reason Apple introduced the william sonoma bluetooth thermometer app is so you don’t need to have every app on one of your Home Screens anymore. You can remove apps from your Home Screen and still find them in the App Library whenever you need them. Tap in the search bar at the top of the App Library to search for an app by name or view all the apps on your iPhone in an alphabetical list. The iPhone App Library sorts all the apps on your device into smart folders. System-level protections prevent an app from accessing data from other apps without your explicit permission.
How to use App Library on your iPhone and iPad
But the App Store is more than just a storefront — it’s an innovative destination focused on bringing you amazing experiences. And a big part of those experiences is ensuring that the apps we offer are held to the highest standards for privacy, security and content. Because we offer nearly 2 million apps — and we want you to feel good about using every single one of them. Apple hasn’t changed the Home Screen on iOS since the introduction of the original iPhone–it has remained relatively the same throughout 13 major releases. If you want to place an app from the Library onto your Home Screen, it’s easy. In iOS 15, if you don’t want downloaded apps to appear on your Home Screen, you can switch on an option in Settings to ensure they only appear in the women masturbating with personal massager video.
- From your Home Screen, swipe your finger to the left until you see the App Library.
- After rearranging your Home Screens, you might decide you want to move an app out of the App Library and back to your Home Screen.
- Touch and hold the app, then tap Add to Home Screen (available only if the app isn’t already on the Home Screen).
- If that happens, tap and hold on it, then drag it to the left of the screen to go to your Home Screen.
- Tap inside the search box or swipe down on the screen with your finger.
From your Home Screen, swipe left until you see the App Library. For example, your social media apps may be sorted into a Social category. The apps that you use most frequently will be reordered automatically based on usage. When you install new apps, they’ll be added to your App Library, but you can change where new apps are downloaded to.
Feature Comparison: Social Media Management Tools
Your applications are collected into automatically-generated categories and are easily accessible from there. After rearranging your Home Screens, you might decide you want to move an app out of the App Library and back to your Home Screen. To do this, tap and hold on the relevant app in the App Library until a popup menu appears, then choose to Add to Home Screen. Tap the small app icons in a folder to expand it, showing the entire contents of that folder.
- These are apps that your iPhone thinks you might want to use, based on your typical activities around the current time.
- If a category in App Library has a few small app icons, you can tap them to expand the category and see all the apps in it.
- What’s cool about iPadOS is that the App Library is on your iPad Dock, meaning you don’t have to search for it as you do on iOS.
- That means you can glance at a total of seven apps inside each folder, but there could be more.
Find out how to use the App Library and organise your Home Screen. With the extra Home Screen pages hidden, you can go from the first page of the Home Screen to App Library (and back) with only one or two swipes.
Find and open an app in App Library
These categories include Social, Entertainment, Utilities, Productivity, and more. Our world‑class distribution platforms reach over 1.5 billion devices worldwide, allowing users to buy and download apps without lags. When you download a universal app on one device, it automatically appears on your other devices.
- A search bar at the top of the App Library gives you quick access to search all of the installed apps.
- You should see three large app icons with four smaller icons in the last space.
- If you have an app on your screen that you’d like to move into the Library, press and hold the app icon.
- There is also a category full of your most recent downloads and a set of suggested apps, with suggestions powered by on-device machine learning.
Once you’re in the App Library, you can launch apps directly from their categories or even expand the types to see all of the apps. Just swipe to the left to move to your last page of apps or widgets, then swipe one more time. The App Library was only introduced to the iPhone in iOS 14, but it’s become one of the most important parts of the iPhone Home Screen. If you don’t know, the App Library is a way to organize your apps that allows you to get away from the ever-expanding pages of apps that you may have had before. Then use the App Library to find apps that are hidden on different pages quickly.
Move Apps out of the App Library
Next to the Suggestions folder, there’s also a Recently Added folder, which shows the apps you most recently installed on your iPhone. Visit Apple Support online or use the Apple Support app to request a refund for App Store purchases. In the unlikely event that you have a problem, you can report it directly from the app product page on the App Store.
App Library shows your apps organized into categories, such as Productivity & Finance, Creativity, and Information & Reading. The apps you use most are near the top of the screen and at the top level of their categories, so you can easily locate and open them. App Library shows your apps organized into categories, such as Creativity, Social, and Entertainment. We strongly support all points of view being represented on the App Store. Every app has an assigned age rating, so parents can determine what is appropriate for their children. Original stories by our editorial team bring you everything from exclusive world premieres to behind-the-scenes interviews.
How Do I Send Apps to the App Library?
There is also a category full of your most recent downloads and a set of suggested apps, with suggestions powered by on-device machine learning. If you can’t delete an app that’s not made by Apple, disable parental controls, then try deleting the app again. Now that you can hide unused apps in the App Library, there’s even more reason to offload apps you don’t use to save iPhone storage. In fact, you can even remove entire Home Screens that you might not need now that you have the App Library. To do this, tap and hold on a blank space of the Home Screen to enter Jiggle mode. Then tap the three dots at the bottom of the screen to view all your Home Screens and disable any that you don’t want.
- In combination with the App Library and Home Screen widgets, you can customize a Home page and hide it until you want to use it.
- This doesn’t delete the app from your iPhone—it’s still available in the App Library—but it does remove it from the Home Screen to free up visual space.
- Dan has worked closely with Apple devices for well over a decade, from producing music in Logic Pro for a BSc in Sound Technology to managing iPhone and Mac repairs at an Apple Store.
- Tap in the search bar at the top of the App Library to search for an app by name or view all the apps on your iPhone in an alphabetical list.
Which is why human App Reviewers ensure that the apps on the App Store adhere to our strict app review standards. As soon as you begin dragging the icon from the App Library, the Home Screen will be visible for dropping the icon onto. You can optionally tap and hold on the app icon and tap the option for Add To Home Screen (Figure C). In iOS 14, newly downloaded apps from the App Store will no longer appear on the Home Screen instead (in iOS 13 and before, newly installed apps would appear on the last Home Screen page). In iOS 14 and above, downloaded apps automatically go into the App Library instead. You might also notice a tiny group of app icons within a folder.